Initially I went and bought a lot of different kinds of wood from Tokyu Hands including Poplar, Teak, Cinnamon and Mahogany but in my first attempt to make the project, they all broke so I had to use the wood provided by the media center.
Designing the puzzle actually took a lot of time. I drew out each face on pieces of paper to check if it would work or not. I realized that even the simplest of puzzles take a lot of thinking to make.
Setting the correct power and speed
In order to cut the material perfectly, I had to use a power of 90 and speed of 0.6
The whole cutting process was smooth, but little did I know, my design had a fatal flaw!
Mistake: Gaps in the Box!
I did not measure the locking mechanism of the box correctly, which meant I had to redesign and re-cut the box.
I had to think of a new locking mechanism which could still use some of the old parts.
Gluing the parts together
I used super-glue to stick the sides together, being careful not to spill over and also not to join the sliding parts.
Using A Broken Clock
I found an old broken clock at home, so I decided to use it's parts to make the mechanical part of my clock. It turns out one of its gears was stuck, so all I had to do was loosen it, and voila! Up and running!
Fixing the locking mechanism
The locking mechanism had to be fixed after the clock parts, so I had to be super careful in assembling everything
Fixing the clock hands
I took the clock hands and fixed them onto the front face. Because of the thickness of the box, I had to add an additional part to the clock mechanism to make everything i fit perfectly.