The project goal was to create the Japanese wood joints using both laser cutters and 3D printers.
Owner & Collaborators
I created the Japanese wood joints using a 3D printer and a laser cutter.
- I first created a 3D models using fusion360.
- I created the joints with the models I created.
- At first, I tried to make the joints by piling up five layers of wood boards and cut out the joint parts with a cutter knife.
- However, it was impossible to cut the wood block with a cutter wife.
- I redesigned the model using the fusionslicer, and created the final joints.