Joined on: May 26, 2015
- Solar CookerA solar cooker is a device which uses the energy of direct sunlight to heat, cook or pasteurize food or drink. Because they use no fuel and cost nothing to operate, many nonprofit organizations are promoting their use worldwide in order to help reduce fuel costs (especially where monetary reciprocity is low) and air pollution, and to slow down the deforestation and desertification caused by gathering firewood for cooking. This is made up of cardboard and Al foil shaped to reflect maximum sunlight onto a black cooking pot that converts sunlight into thermal (heat) energy. A heat-resistant bag surrounds the pot, acting like a greenhouse. It weighs half a kilogram and folds to the size of a big book for easy transport.
- Solar oven for parabolic solar cookerUsing solar energy for cooking and baking can reduce the unsustainable use of fuels such as fossil fuel or firewood. Solar oven which works on principle of parabolic type solar cooker has highly suitable technology which is using for remote areas with fuel shortage. Solar oven are devices that uses solar radiation as their energy source for baking food. In Vigyan Ashram, we have parabolic type solar cooker, main target for this “solar oven” is “to increase the utility of solar cooker and develop simple backing method for biscuit/cookies baking”.
- LOW COST TERRACE (FLAT SURFACE) SOLAR DRYERDrying of fruits / vegetables / Papad in open sun is traditional method of preservation. Quality of open sun dried food products are always concern due to contamination of dirt, dis-coloration and attack by pest (birds/ Monkey etc). To improve quality of open sun dried products and to add commercial aspect to it (as cottage scale processing), experiments were conducted at Vigyan ashram in summer(2015). As a result of these experiment, a low cost solar dryer is developed and tested on various traditional open drying products as leafy vegetables / Amla candy , Papad etc.
- Cutter for high raising fruits /tree branches (pruning)Bal-hirda (Terminalia chebula), is one of important NTFT (Normal Thickness Filum Terminale) commodity especially in Sahyadri and Satpuda ranges. Bal Hirda is smallish tree yields; ribbed and nut-like fruit.It is used in chronic fever, helpful in gaining weight in the emaciated persons and in losing weight in obese persons. It is also useful in controlling cold cough. We designed cutter which can be use for harvesting of bal Hirda.
- Fish Feed formulationFish feed is one of the major inputs in aquaculture production. Market fish feed is in high rate so we prepared fish feed by using raw materials like Ground Nut Cake and Rice husk which can made easily available in local markets and which costs low and can be farm made, having protein value about 30.66%. A good fish food for high density fish farming should contain all required nutrients, high protein 32 to 48% which is standard protein value.
- Acrylic PatternsWe have designed some acrylic patterns on Laser cutter by using digital fabrication. This model is useful for gift artical , indoor decoration with live plants.
- Heat Retention BoxHeat-retention cooking saves cooking fuel because after food has been heated to cooking temperature, it is placed into an insulated box where it will continue to cook until it is done. Retained-heat cooking is often introduced along with solar cooking since it further reduces the use of traditional fuels such as firewood and the use of this method allows much more food to be cooked each day in a solar cooker. This method of cooking is also known as retained-heat cooking, fireless cooking, hay box cooking, or wonder box cooking. Even it stays hot for hours. Heat retention box have been made using hay, straw, wool, feathers, cotton, rice hulls, cardboard, aluminum foil, Inside I made this on Shopboot machine.