DJ KAJIYAMA loves music and actively participates in live performances and outdoor festivals. This time he takes advantage of his skillful operation technology and challenges the DJ performance.
#5 EYE SHOW_En
Owner & Collaborators
#5 EYE SHOW_En by FablabShinagawa is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
- He was diagnosed as muscular dystrophy and has been bedridden for over 10 years.Currently, using various devices with slightly move the left thumb, the thumb of both feet, the cheeks, and the line of sight, he is creating music, playing games, and piloting drones .
- Male in his 30s
- Voice communication is possible (using a loudspeaker)
- on ventilator
- Assistance required to maintain posture
- Living alone with helpers ( 24-hour system)
- Easy to get tired and difficult to go out for a long time
- Live music performances with a psychedelic vibe
- Simplify switch operation
- Synchronization and interaction of images, lighting and music
- Members performing music activities together
- We want to involve people with knowledge of music, video software, and environment control devices.
- It takes time to set switches (more than 30 minutes, see image)
- no chance
- Never DJed on W/C
- There is no human environment to put together a live performance
- I want to do a performance with a more live feeling than just playing what I made in advance
- I want to feel good by playing live
- I want the audience to get excited
- Creating an acid and pleasant space with sound, video and lightCreation of unprecedented new fields
- This project itself is for future reference
- ACID KAJI! (tentative)
- Steps toward holding live music performances by DJ KAJIYAMA
- Demonstration of how DJ KAJIYAMA actually operates a PC and creates sound.PC operation equipment: interface_HeartyHID24 , cheek_contact switch x2, toe_sensor switch x2, line of sight_tobii eye tracker5Software used: Ableton Live (music production software)
- Discuss what you want to do at the live, why you did the live, and what you want from the live.We heard that they wanted to feel comfortable by performing live performances with a sense of realism, rather than making things in advance.
- Visualize the equipment configuration etc. when performing live, and decide the division of roles based on it.Taking advantage of the strengths of the team members, we decided to perform a music performance combining video and lighting with the following composition.
- DJ KAJIYAMA produced music at home, and other members performed video editing and equipment settings at the venue.Equipment used: AAGI (gesture interface), PC, sound mixer, audio interface, DMX interfaceSoftware used: Abelton Live, MAX (audio-visual programming software)
- Check sound, lighting, and video connections and setup layoutsDJ KAJIYAMA's inspiration is even more exciting and brushed upAlso, in order to emphasize a more live performance, a jam session should be set up as a final "bonus" and other musicians would participate in the performance.
- For the purpose of shortening the setting time, we replaced the toe sensor switch with AAGI and tried it.
- Due to equipment trouble on the day, the order of the announcement was suddenly changed to the last.I confirmed the sound and image of music performance by PC and musical instrument performance.